PRE TIME 30 minutes
2KG Mussels in the shell
Lupi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
12 Cloves Fresh Garlic (minced)
- Mix 1/2 cup of Lupi Extra Virgin Olive Oil with minced garlic, and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Using a sharp knife, separate the mussel into two halves, slicing the mussel itself in two.
- Spoon approx. 1 tsp of the Olive Oil and garlic mixture into each half shell
- Pre-heat your BBQ flat-plate to medium heat and place the mussels, shell down. Leave for 4-5 minutes to steam and then slightly crisp up.
- Serve the mussels in the half-shell, as a spare shell can be used to scoop the mussels out. Drizzle more Lupi Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the top of the mussels for even more decadence.